Hello everyone, new to BRS, from the area, introducing myself and my system...

pallobi

Neal
hello everyone... my name is Neal, i live in Woodstock, CT jus over the CT, MA line... I have been keeping saltwater since april of 2006, and have been keeping my current system for 11 months now, and it was the start of my sps keeping as well... I was turned on to this site after meeting aquaman_68 in north Providence this past weekend when he purchased an acro colony from a buddy of mine... (nice guy, great looking frags as i saw him sell a few)... anyways, i thought i would start with a description of my system... Even though i am only less than a year into sps keeping, i am a very avid hobbyist, and do a TON of research, and have learned ALOT in a year... I am looking to keep many kinds of sps as well as zoa's and certian paly's, have them grow out nice and healthy (fingers crossed), have them grow into big, beautiful colonies, and hopefully have a small frag farm in the not so soon future...I believe in t5's, shallow tanks (21" or less imo), barebottom, lots of skimming power, using carbon, and very high flow, circulation, and turnover... I also believe less is more, and simpler is better... but that is just me...

SYSTEM: 75g RR Barebottom Sps/Zoa/Paly/Clam Display w/ 2 Vortech MP40s, 8 bulb 48" t5 Teklight (4 ATI Blue Plus, 2 ATI True Actinics, 2 ATI Aquablue Special) & Mag Drive 9.5 return pump... 40g breeder Invert & Live Rock Refugium w/ Mag Drive 7 return pump... 40g breeder Sump w/ Reef Octopus 300 Extreme dual pump skimmer, Finnex 300 watt submersible heater & 2 BRS media reactors (carbon) fed w/ Mag Drive 3.5 pump

DISPLAY: 32 Sps, 8 Zoa & 4 Paly species, Purple Tang, Sixline Wrasse, 3" Crocea Clam, 5" Maxima Clam, 15 Turbo Snails, 6 Blue Porcelian Crabs

REFUGIUM: Purple Reef Lobster, Fancy Brittle Star, Tiger Conch, Arrow Crab, Blue Coral Banded Shrimp

WISHLIST: Pair of Fire Shrimp, ORA Blue Mandarin, and perhaps a Golden Midas Blenny

I am also currently working on adding another 40g breeder to make into a propagation tank, and I am currently working off a 250 watt hqi halide light by volunteering some of my time at a certain LFS for said prop tank... as well as obtaining a peninsula style, RR standard 120g tank, by working that off as well... however I am not sure what i will use the 120g for yet, but the price is right ;)

thanks to anyone who has taken a gander, i look forward to mingling with you all :)

PS, i double dip my corals lol

Last edited:
:w
Hey neighbor,welcome to the club.
There's a few of us out here in south Worc. county Ma.
Sounds like you have a nice set up there.
Glad you found the site and hope you enjoy.

thanks guys! pleased to meet your qcquintances... i guess ill try to post a few pics for sure... guess ill use the reef talk forum? not sure which is best and most viewed (guessing reef talk)... i do have some pics from a couple weeks back, and ill use those... However, I am in the process of taking a different approach with my tank as far as presentation of the corals and the overall aesthetics of the main display... its something i have not seen too much if at all, so i am excited to give it a whirl... so i will post the ones i have, then i will post the new ones when my little change is done :)

hi Neal..i had been following your build thread on RC a while back good to see you made it here

Back