Hello everyone... newbie here, starting to get addicted

Adam Page

Non-member
Hey bostonreefers community, I have a question on tank lighting setup. I have recently acquired a couple new tanks of which I am gathering the required items to start my tanks. They are two rectangular cubes, a 30 gallon and a 55 gallon. I will be setting up reefs inside. The question that I have is in reguards to finding a universal tank lid with the appropriate lighting setup. I would like to have a strong lighting source, but I do not believe I can afford the high end halogen lighting setups I have been seeing. Can anyone post a link or provide any information on where to look for such items, or does anyone have anything reasonable to sell in good working order. Thanks again to anyone providing info/help...

Thanks man...

I appreciate your post... Checking it out now... I was looking at eBays prices on halide light hood/lid setups and it seems as though eBay has the cheapest/best prices. If I learn to navigate these forums better I will probably get better results... Thanks again bro...

I appreciate your post... Checking it out now... I was looking at eBays prices on halide light hood/lid setups and it seems as though eBay has the cheapest/best prices. If I learn to navigate these forums better I will probably get better results... Thanks again bro...

be careful with ebay, often you get what you pay for. There are reasons junk from China is so inexpensive....it is junk from China. Do some research here, come to a meeting and talk to other reefers, watch the for sale forums, visot some of our LFS sponsors. An educated reefer is set up for success.

Thank you for your posts... I am now looking into T5 lighting for my reef tank. I think I will look on here for some. I appreciate the advice.

Upcoming Events

June 9, 2024
Ben Johnson
Club Meeting

Back