Hey guys I have a DIY question?

BackInTheTank

Non-member
I just bought a 8 gallon rimless with a built in over flow area as the whole back wall. It has three sections
1/ water flows in and all the way down and under the baffle wall
2/ water rises in the center chamber and over the next baffle wall and into the return pump section
3/ water is pumped back into the tank by return pump .

My question before I fill this tank up and get it going is....
Is there any way I can turn this into a mini like sump area by using live sand in first chamber about 2" worth and then at the bottom of the second chamber use LR (live rock) rubble and then some Chaeto on top of it covered by a filter sponge low enough to catch any loose stuff before it flows over the last baffle and into the return pump section??

Ty Freddy

I had a BioCube 29 an made the middle chamber into a fuge, I put some LR rubble in there, scraped the paint off of the back and mounted a light back there to grow chaeto, and put filter floss over the top; and never ran into any problems. The only thing I did not have was sand in there.

I had a BioCube 29 an made the middle chamber into a fuge, I put some LR rubble in there, scraped the paint off of the back and mounted a light back there to grow chaeto, and put filter floss over the top; and never ran into any problems. The only thing I did not have was sand in there.

Ty for you input ! I don't think it would be an issue but it never hurts to ask for advice first !! Lol

Back