Hi Everyone

BillyB

Non-member
Hi Everyone! I'm so glad I found this site! It's great that there's a forum out there dedicated to folks with reef tanks.

I've had fish tanks all my life, and about a year ago made the switch over to salt. I've got a 55 gal setup with somewhere around 100lbs of liverock. It used to have three triggers but I've found them a new home and now have a reef setup. Theres a couple zoanthids, a couple leathers, a kenya tree, and a couple other corals. The only fish in it right now are two clowns.

I had a copperband in there, but unfortunately he didn't make it. I tried everything, misis, brine, formula 1 and 2, he just wouldnt eat.

Here are some pics:

DSC00387.jpgDSC00384.jpgDSC00354.jpgDSC00388.jpg

The tank is pretty well established, but I've got a couple questions for the more seasoned reef-vets. I'm seeing aptasia pop up more frequently, and I understand there is an injection you can give it to get rid of it......anyone know the name of it and where I can get some? My second question is, I've recently seen a white sack that looks like an egg sack of sorts. I can't for the life of me figure out what it is. It's in the picture below (hard to see but I tried my best to get a good pic).

DSC00386.jpg

Thanks for reading and the help in advance!

Billy

Welcome aboard! Alot of nice looking branch rock in there. The aptasia stuff is called joes juice. There is also aptasia x its the same thing but I've only used joes.

It's much easier to obtain a few Peppermint shrimp than to mess with killing them individually. Jay's Aquatics in Salem, NH just got a bunch of good sized ones in last week, bought 3 ($7 each) and all my Aptasia are gone already, even the ones poping up between individual zoa polyps.

Thanks for the warm welcomes and the advice on the aptasia!

By any chance do you guys know what the little white pouch/possible egg sack is in the last pic on the first posting is? It's very strange looking. Looks almost like an egg sack that a spider would lay. Never seen them before, but now I've seen them popping up in a couple places.

hi welcome to the brs this site is the best site in the world i and my boyfriend love to be on this site. to comment on your copper band problem did you try half shelled clams the love clams. i have one and that been in my tank now for 6-7 months i got mine to eat with the clams. if you try again try to give it clams and garlick exream and let the clam soak in it.

Thanks for the advice everyone! Looking forward to making it to the get together this weekend.

Thanks for the tips on the Copperband, Jen. I'm thinking I might try again. Got plenty of little things he can hopefully chow on in the tank now.

Back