How I started into this hobby...

grngnt

Non-member
This spring I went on a western carib cruise,, diving in cozumel and grand turks (saw a nice trunkfish there).
I came home and about a month later I saw a 1 gal nano type tank at a flea market and bought it for $5,( fresh water in that ) man if I see that guy again , Ill whack him :) ..

After that about a month I bought a 30 gal used salt setup, and the following week a 55 salt setup. and I have been working on it since, I set up the 55 on 5 /11 , added rock on 5/16 and and everything else in the tank from then till now..
I got some great coraline rock from clam man and some un mounted branches and mounted them today. SO i have completed my first frags :) .

I will try to add better pics in the next week or so.. I want to thank all of you that have helped, sold me stuff to put in the tank etc,, it was nice getting to meet ya, and I hope to make the June meeting.

BTW the expense for this was paid by the NY and Mass Lottery,, I hit scratch tickets for $250 and $500 within a week of each other, and just ran out of funds lol..

brsanime.gif

Wow thats a great way to fund this hobby! I wish i won the lotto, i think i'd set up a pet shop just to keep my fish and other pets.

Back