Hydor Koralia Evolution pumps

twiddledog

Non-member
I am thinking of adding more flow and was wondering if anyone has tried these new pumps.
Also....I currently have a Koralia 3 and a nanstream 6025 as my two circulation pumps (both on timers) on a 72 gallon mixed reef with lots of rock.
Is this enough flow?
I am looking at the Evolution 1050 gph

I have three 1400's on my 125 almost too much flow I am having a hard time adjusting the third so my sand bed doesn't blow around. They have great flow.

pumps

So do you thiunk maybe a 1050 along with what I have now would be too much flow? My nanostream is on its last legs I think so I may just swap it out for the 1050.

I dont think it would be too much, i might even go with the 1400, also you might put them on a home depot timer and have them cycle on and off every hour during the day

the 1400 would be to much I notice a huge difference between my older koralias and the evolution ones. Try the 1050 .I think you will be happy. They are a nice powerhead.

Last edited:
I have 2 evo 750's i put in my 36 on a timer and they were way too much so if your inerested I have 2 3-week old that I will sell you just let me know... they will probably be great in that tank unlike the tsunima they made in my tank lol

Back