I need helping deciding between T5 or MH for a future lighting.

yea, i actually used that on my 45 and it was fine. I actually liked the built in timers also, for the money its a good light.

sundial is a nice light, i had a 36" on my 46 bow front, worked great, no complaints

go with mh......current outer orbiter....i've seen a whole bunch for sale now in the last couple of months under 200.00......matter a fact my friend is selling a 24" 250 watte mh with 2 65 watte atinic for under 200 i believe....dont remember the brand but it was a good one and it comes with all new bulbs he just replaced but upgraded his tank all to soon to use it.....comes with legs so you dont even have to hang it......

or you could add leds to your existing setup, maybe a par38 from nanotuners or a stunner or something

I have the sundial on my 29g and it works well. I keep a bit of everything including some sps in the top 1/3rd of the tank under the lights. The bulbs it comes with aren't great but they get the job done for awhile. If you want a fixture to sit on legs over the tank Sundial is really your only t5 option. If you want to hang a fixture, a tek 24" would get the job done better and you can pick your bulbs.

I'm actually most likely going to buy a Tek 24" in a week or two off a guy on here. Hopefully it will quench my thirst for quality lighting.

I'm even thinking about making a DIY thread for a DIY light hanging bracket.
Similar to what Zoo Med sells, but made out of wood instead since it's cheaper and can be stained to give off a very nice modern look.

Back