ID,any ideas?

Liam

letting it grow
Hi all,picked up another nice frag today :) Looks kinda like a tort,puple with blueish tips(except one which has a little algae on it :D ) and green polyps.Any other ideas?
-Liam.

Attachments

• DSCF0671 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0671 (Small).JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 134
Polyps are to green for the tort. Looks like it's going to color up to be one of the dark purple with green polyp acropora sp...that helps alot huh.

One Eye said:
Polyps are to green for the tort. Looks like it's going to color up to be one of the dark purple with green polyp acropora sp...that helps alot huh.

Everything is helpful Darren :) .I know 75% of the time it's a crab shoot id'ing frags,but sometimes you can get lucky if someone bought a similar frag looking frag that is now a colony and easier to id so i like to throw one out there now and again.(quite often really :D )

Looks great! :)

I don't think it's the common dark purple with green polyps acro. coralites are different shape.

The coralites actually look a lot like tortusa to me. It's that odd, very smooth, not very well-defined radial coralite like the tort. Just a goosebump with a polyp in it, sort of.

NateHanson said:
The coralites actually look a lot like tortusa to me. It's that odd, very smooth, not very well-defined radial coralite like the tort. Just a goosebump with a polyp in it, sort of.

Yes but many many acro frags start out that way..... :rolleyes:

NateHanson said:
Looks great! :)

I don't think it's the common dark purple with green polyps acro. coralites are different shape.

That was what drew me to the tort idea Nate,the coralites are radial and somewhat tube like.

Back