Im looking for a Berghia Nudibranch

SteveDola

Good Tings
BRS Member
Im on the hunt for berghia nudibranch to help with some aptasia before it gets out of hand. Had anyone seen them at a LFS?

Let me know too as I'd be interested in a few. Also if you want I'd be interested in splitting costs with you and we could maybe meet up at the Feb meeting if you'll be attending...

Steve - not positive but, RI Aquarium may have some on North Main. I think I saw some last time I was there a couple of weeks ago. Worth a shot.

that LFS in western prov (sea creature I think) offered to order some for us a while back. Who is it there Joe? I think his name starts with a J. Good guy. Anyhow, he said he could get them and the price seemed reasonable. I never got any though.

Skipton's used to carry them but they say they can't get any right now. Saltyunderground dot com claims to have them ready to ship but I have never used these guys before.

Given that the shipping is more than the Berghias in small quantities, I would definitely go in with you guys on a shipment. I have been considering biting the bullet and ordering a few and eating the enormous shipping costs on just three Berghias, but if you are going to order some, I would love to get in on it.

For the record, the Berghias work amazing. And they are 100% going to work unlike other supposed solutions. I used ONE in my old 30g tank and it took about three days before I noticed anything, and then on the fourth day, one aiptasia was gone, and a few days later, everything was gone.

The issue is that the spores can be in the water column and find rock before the new aiptasia can grow. So the berghia starves to death because they don't eat anything else, and they are too small to ever see again once they are in the tank. This means the aiptasia can still reappear months later. The best thing would be to have an aiptasia infested quarantine tank...like 5 gallons...and let the Berghia breed in there so you have a constant supply.

I just spoke to Jeremy at Premium Aquatics and he said that Salty Underground is one of their wholesale customers and the woman that owns it - Lisa - is a great lady and he said they are a legit company.

Back