Installing RO/DI via Self-Piercing saddle

SharkLover

T5 LPS
I'm installing a Piercing saddle
CSADDLE_640.jpg

And I want to make sure I dont break anything. Can I use this method on this type of plumbing system?

The Braided source goes into a Copper Tube that enters the Faucet Water Control for Cold as shown;
FingeronColdWaterToFaucetControl_64.jpg

Afterwards it flows out of the Braided Source into the Clear Tube that links to a Fitting Tee where it comes out.

fingerOnTValveCOLDWATER_640.jpg

Thanks in Advance;
-Anthony

Last edited:
Hi Anthony
By The Looks Of That Piping I Would Not Put In There At All
The Piercing Valve Can Only Go Into 1/2 Inch Copper Piping
The Way It Looks There You Have Braided Line / Plastic Line And Old Brass Pipe If It Was Me I Find A Different Location With Suitable Piping., You Could Put Into The Copper Line (with The Tag "cold" ) That Goes Into The Fawcett But You Will Have To Get A Piercing Valve For That Sized Line I Believed Is A 3/8 Line.
Home Depot Should Have Them Bring Those Pictures With You And Show Them To Get You The Right Valve.

Anthony,
I had the same concerns and decided to buy the faucet adapter from air water and ice. I just leave it on the sink and attach the tubing when I want to make water. Just my 2cents.
Good luck
Kevin

I'll take some pictures of my faucet head from my bathroom since I have roommates its got to stay in my own space / masterbedroom bathroom.

would you be able to get a splitter and a ball valve and hook it up at the braided line?

Back