Iwaki pump with no power cord

Andy O

Non-member
Is it true that the Japanese made Iwaki pumps do not come with a power cord? If so, how hard is it to wire up and what type of cord would need to be purchased for it.

yes, no cord. Should be very easy to wire, just use a heavy duty cord from HD.

I don't want to steal your thread but are the Japanese motors worth the extra cost, as I'm sure you know they are available with american made motors at lower cost and with power cords. I need to purchase two pumps and am thinking about the Japanese motor issue, they are for use in my basement so noise is not the major factor.

Jim

From the research that I have done on line, this web site, and over the phone, from what I am hearing it sounds as if there is a big difference in terms of noise, as well as quality of the motor. Not having heard these motors b/f and, unfortunately, I have no starting point on how to judge how quiet the american motor is -- this is going in my living room. It could be that the japanese motor is just really quiet where as the american motor is quiet.

Not sure if I am going the Japanese direction, just want to become as educated as possible b/f I make a decesion b/c it is a lot of money for a pump and from my understanding is that Iwakis last a long time and if you break down the dollar difference over the number of years that I will have it, it breaks down to almose nothing.

Asian moters by iwaki are more effecient energy wise. I beleive they are missing just the end not the whole cord. Just the plug.

Thanks Jeff. Much appreciated. Any specific cord or parts that I should get from home depot?

I think all you need is a plug with a ground on it. (three prong that will handle at least 15 amp)

when it arives see what the pump has on it. if it has a cord but no plug all you will need is a plug end. otherwise you will need a watertite cord connector ,cord and plug end.

Back