Just started treating for ich...

tonyspo

Tonyspo
BRS Member
I just started treating for ich with "Kick-Ich". I am only on day 2, and really need to do a water change. Should I dose my system again after the water change, or not? Is it bad to do a water change right now?

What do you think?

Thanks,
T

i'd hold on the water change, unless you really have to, no need to stress that fish anymore, what fish has the ink and is this a fish only tank?

ich

So far it looks like my yellow tang, and clown fish have it. The other fish appear to look ok. No, this is not a fish only tank, I have a few peices of coral in there.

Are you feeding their favorite frozen foods, boosted with garlic and or a vitamin additive (like selcon). I think that's at least as important as the treatment you're doing.

Why do you desperately need to do a water change? If it's a water quality issue, I'd give that priority over your Kick Ich treatment protocol. The most important thing is that the tank is as stable and healthy a place as possible so these sick fish can get better.

a few things you can try, soaking your fish food in garlic, bring the temp up in the tank up a degree or 2 , shutting off the lights for a day so the fish can chill, and not letting your salinity get to high. i have read that some people have had troubles with Kick-Ich and corals... be careful.

The ph was a smidge high, and my nitrate level was a little off, and when I do a water change, it corrects it just fine, and I am due. But, I do understand what you are saying in regards to giving priority to my kick ich treatment.

Thanks for your insight.

Are you feeding their favorite frozen foods, boosted with garlic and or a vitamin additive (like selcon). I think that's at least as important as the treatment you're doing.

Why do you desperately need to do a water change? If it's a water quality issue, I'd give that priority over your Kick Ich treatment protocol. The most important thing is that the tank is as stable and healthy a place as possible so these sick fish can get better.

Back