Krystal Klear, Auburn MA

CAPSLOCK

Yes, I am a giraffe.
Staff member
Stopped in at Krystal Klear Aquatics in Auburn today. I think I found a new favorite store. There was better marine / reef selection than all but one store I've ever been in. And everything was in large or reasonable tanks, not little 2.5-5g tanks like I have seen elsewhere. Fish looked healthy and well fed, and were priced competitively. Frags looked clean. Inverts seemed cheaper than I've seen locally, which is a nice change. I was greeted and asked a few times if I needed help (while I spent time browsing and choosing).

Picked up a feather duster, and my questions about it were answered knowledgeably.

Overall I was impressed by the quality and variety.

Good job!

I was in there today as well, i normally frequent this store because of knowledgeable staff and premixed ro/di never had a bad experience

Gotta add to this one.
I visit Krystal Clear every other month. Their fish selection has been great. The store expansion gave them a lot more room and a lot more tanks.
Their corals and anemones look good - the selection won't blow your socks off, but it's decent. They usually have plenty of snails and hermits to resupply tanks as needed.

The big thing I've noticed is the GREAT cusomer service from the 3 or 4 20-something guys they have working there now. They have no problem helping customers with questions, catching fish, or testing water. Really patient. They even field crazy questions from my 8 year old son. They even showed me how to save a few bucks on acclimating fish using a simple airline valve in the drip method.

Great work to the Krystal Clear crew.

I also enjoy this store but there are a couple downfalls.
There is no consistency to frags. Frags are often a type of consignment deal where the store gets 50% and the owner gets 50% store credit and the price is set by the owner.

Very good selection of large/medium colonies but can be a little pricey and I'm not a fan of the lights they're under, many are not colored as they should be but that's just a pet peive of mine.

Owner is pretty good, staff is knowledgable and most importantly they are hobbies to as well!

All in all it is a great store and a must visit in my opinion.

P.s the $35 quarter size ricordeas are overpriced! Lmao

it USED to be VERY NICE, I have the feeling they might have rotated employees (some new faces around, the guys that used to be there were not in sight).
Live rock with algae all over, an "abandoned looking" planted tank and some other small details tell me things are not turning for the better. The selection of stocked items is good as always though.
Time will tell I guess.

Back