Lets talk nano cubes between 8-16

TomD

Non-member
JBJ
Oceanice bio (I am leaning towards 14G)
Serena (sp?)

Who likes what? Due to my big tank being Oceanic, I wanted to keep it in the family and I love the look.

I want this to be plug and play. 2 clowns and mostly chalices, maybe a softie or two.

Never had nanos...

Help me out:)

depends on looks, if you like all of your equipment hidden go with the cubes. To me personally, they look like space age pods of life, which is why I went the AGA 10g route. My filters show but my heater has become so encrusted in coralline it blends in with the background. Here's my tank for some ideas. The rockwork is a little different now that I'm settling into sps but thats the basic idea.

http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=97044

It also depends on convienience. If you want everything all in one go with the cubes. The cubes I admit will have a better viewing area because the edges are rounded giving you an uninterupted view on 3 sides. Mine obviously I have to look dead at it depending on the side. I do have more room to work longitudinally because of the rectangle shape.

either way all nanos will require the same amount of work so it's primarily looks and stocking limits =)

I know you are looking for input on an 8-16gal AIO, but I recently took down my BioCube 29 that I had for two years and loved it. I know with the BC there are ways to mod. it so it will function even better. I did weekly 5 gal. water changes and never had a problem. It had a Sunpod 150W MH over it and I could basically keep anything I wanted in it. I thought it was jus a cool little AIO.

Back