List of LFS's - need input

Greg,

It was scheduled to open on the July date, but my wife and daughter just came back from their with lots of treats for the dog. I guess the store opned early, tanks are up, I need to go check it out.

Jim

Aquarium Gallery

I go to Aquarium Gallery in Hudson, NH and consider it one of my LFS even though it is over 50 miles away. They care for their things very well and have quite a selection. They don't use a net to catch fish and injury and stress is less. They have a good selection of items and what they don't have they can get for you.

I would add them to the list.
Tom

It's about that time again to do the poll of members regarding their favorite local stores. The poll will be a bit simplified compared to last time as few people were even willing to complete it! The poll will likely be performed at the upcoming BRS meeting.

I'm also reducing the distance away from Boston that we are considering. Any shop over a 2 hour drive from Boston as determined by a Mapquest search has been excluded. The last time we had very few responses for shops that far away anyhow.

I'll post a potential list of questions later, for the moment, here is the list of shops within a 2 hour drive of Boston. I'm sure I've missed a few, some may be out of business...please help me make the list more complete.

Thanks in advance.

All Things Fishy, Marlborough, MA
Aqua Addicts, Salem, NH
Aqua Dreams, Agawam, MA
Beacon Aquarium, Worcester, MA
Boston Tropical Fish and Reptile, Cambridge, MA
Cape Maid Farms, Hyannis, MA
Coral Reef Aquarium, Seekonk, MA
Creature, Creature, Creature LOCATION?
Curious Creatures, Beverly, MA
Exotic Marine Fish Wholesalers, Everett, MA
Fintastic Fish, Plainville, MA
Fishy Business, Chatham, MA
Gill's, LOCATION? MA
House of Fins, Greenwich Bay, RI
Little Shop of Pets, Portsmouth, NH
Lovely Pets, Quincy, MA

Pet Club, Dedham, MA
PJ's Pet Centre, Saugus, MA
Port City Reef, Portland, ME
Reefdom.com, Revere, MA
Sea Creatures - Providence, RI
Sea Creatures - Revere, MA
SeaWorld Pet Center, Salem, NH
Skiptons Pet Shop, Dorchester, MA
Tropic Isle, Framingham, MA
Uncle Ned's Fish Factory, Millis, MA

I go to Aquarium Gallery in Hudson, NH and consider it one of my LFS even though it is over 50 miles away. They care for their things very well and have quite a selection. They don't use a net to catch fish and injury and stress is less. They have a good selection of items and what they don't have they can get for you.

I would add them to the list.
Tom

They were added and a survey was taken by many brs members.
Here was the end result
http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27682

Rhode Island Aquarium & Pet Ctr, Providence, RI

I dont know if RI pet center is the official name but the sign outside only says Rhode Island Aquarium

Rumford Pets, Providence, RI

Its
Rumford Pet Center, East Providence, RI

Please, let's not start up the list right now. We will likely do a poll again next year. When it gets close I will ask again for updates. Thanks.

sw reef has really gone down hill in the past months.

Underwater world in the mall in taunton is not bad a little pricey though

There is a store in Wilmington Ma called Wilmington Pet (Very Creative)
Small selection, staff is nothing excellent, but if you are in the area it is a quick stop now and then.

years ago i bought a 12" snowflake eel $40 from there, one of the first sw fish i bought. as the girl was trying to capture him he jumped right out of the tank (about eye level) smack! right on the floor,and squirming and flailing all over the floor, finally she got him in the bag and tied it up. im like im not sure if i still want it, she says oh he'll be fine, his been through worse! LOL I wasnt sure what was worse, what i just saw or the fact that she said hes been through worse?

he eventually died but it was years later, he was great he would eat shrimp and clams right out of my hand, along with everything else in the tank,LOL

Back