live copepods at petco.. is it comon now?

dad300

Non-member
title says it all.. picked up a bottle of live copepods today at petco in Bangor, Maine..do all have them now?
my store in Bangor is a test ofr some of the more aggrresive saltwater promotions.. so I was wondering if they can now be had at all the petco's

I got nutramar tigrio ..

I saw them in petco nashua a while back...They had an awesome saltwater display...frags nems fish supplies...then I went back a few weeks ago and the place was a disaster...tanks looked like crap half empty fish dying...I think each stores stock and up keep depends on when they get some one working there that knows about salt.

Petco in Quincy usually carry them or at least recently. They have a new saltwater guy now Matt and he's been mixing things up you just have to ask them and they usually sell out fast.

Same thing in Auburn, MA... They went all gung-ho with all this saltwater stuff like fish, frags, clams, more specialized products... Looked great at first, now it all looks like crap. I almost bought one of the clams because I felt so bad for the thing.

the store here in bangor had a huge crash of their frag tank.. they think someone either put sanitizer in it..or (my theory) they has a mass spawn and the system couldn't handle it.(only sps got killed.. the lps and softies were fine). as they get all their stock form one place..I wonder if it happened at the same time.. HMMM.

Petco is weird. For example: the petco in plymouth MA is awful for reef supplies, but the Petco in Hanover has a lot more stuff. th petco in Nashua, NH has even more than the one in Hanover, MA.
The Petco next to Lovely Pets is terrible.

I always thought that it might have something to do with location, kinda like the food they sell at Stop and Shops, near hispanic communities you will find more Goya products. But Petco seems like it is just random.

Not all Petco's carry the same assortment. If Petco X has higher saltwater sales than another, they get the ok to order more/new stuff.

Or if they lose thier fish person and sales drop they cut back to save money. Or managment changes 1 manger will allow the fish person to do the order and the next one does all the orders themselves. My fav manager ( im teasing) used a saltwater book to see what the fish looked like before ordering. I was like OMG !! But have to say Wareham is trying. Or aleast the manager now talks to me lol about thoughts. Will have to look for the live food. Love to add them to my tank.

ive been helping out the petco in shrewsbury for a while with there tank and until recently they startef to listen to me. cuz all there sps had no flow and they was not looking to good and started to dull in color. i told them they need to put more flow and change the bulbs on the tank and clean it there was so much salt creep on it. but now they have crapy corals cuz they dont want to take care of them like they should

ive been helping out the petco in shrewsbury for a while with there tank and until recently they startef to listen to me. cuz all there sps had no flow and they was not looking to good and started to dull in color. i told them they need to put more flow and change the bulbs on the tank and clean it there was so much salt creep on it. but now they have crapy corals cuz they dont want to take care of them like they should

Most of the time corporate limits what they can do. When I worked there, we wanted to put a t5 fixture over our coral tank but couldn't get the "ok" to order one. When we used one of our own, we got yelled at and were told to take it down. I can say this now, but we put it in anyways and took it down when the big wigs came in lol

Last edited:
Back