live rock from saltwaterfish.com??

MPevine11

my own mini ocean
Im looking to get LR for my 29 gallon biocube HQI soon. Saltwaterfish.com has nice looking rock for pretty cheap. Anyone buy from them? check out my link, i could save some money here, but i dont want to cut corners. i want to make sure the rock is good. heres the link

shipping is pretty cheap also!

http://www.saltwaterfish.com/Live-Rock-Sand_c_4.html

what do you guys think??

:.

I have bought live stock from them. It was hit or miss. Why don't you buy from a local fish store or a forum member? It appears the cost with shipping is 6-8 bucks a pound I think you can do better.

I have had great experiences with the livestock from them. But never ordered any rock from them.

Another idea would be to get a few pieces of live rock(to seed with) from a local store or better another reefer in the area. Then buy some marco rock and sand to fill in the rest of your tank.. It would be cheaper this route and the rock is great and the sand is the best i have ever used for a saltwater tank.

my local pet stores only have huge pieces. i just need med-small pieces for my bio cube....i'll check the buy/sell fourms

what type of rock would be best?

my local pet stores only have huge pieces. i just need med-small pieces for my bio cube....i'll check the buy/sell fourms

Buy the larger pieces and break it up into smaller ones. I know a good 30oz hammer will do the trick...LOL

if you get down to this neck of the woods, I have live rock in my sump in big to small pieces, or small pieces of dry rock from a tank breakdown

Last edited:
Back