Looking for advice on DIY Kalk reactor

Thanks for the answers...I have a few more questions.
Steven, what sort of pump are you using with the float switch? Dosing pump or a regular powerhead?
Also, wouldnt the mixing vessel need to be airtight to maintain the kalk's potency?

I'm using a MJ900 which is well within the amperage rating for the float switch.

Regarding keeping the vessel airtight, I still have some research to do... currently I plan to put a semi-airtight cover on the 5.5g, so not much 'new' air would be introduced.

Steve

If it's not air tight, there will be some precipitate in the container. I also don't know how much of a factor this is??

The pics I posted show a cheap air tight reactor, that's what I use. Don't know otherwise?

As far as pumps go, personally I use a peristaltic pump for my kalk. Reasons being, kalk will gum up a pump, and I want to dose it slowly over a long time to avoid PH spikes and whatnot.

At this point I want to avoid using the clear PVC because of the cost, and because I have everything else on hand to make the other design. The pump doesn't touch the Kalk, it's pumping RO and causing an overflow into the sump. The stir pump will be submerged in Kalk 24/7, but I'm less concerned about that one.

Steve

Back