Magic to remove Cyano Bacteria

Tanked_Life

Non-member
Just wanted to share my battle story with Cyano. For 3 full months after installing my new LED and adding another fish/feeding methods i was plagued by Cyano Bacteria. Red slime everywhere suffocating my corals and harming my eyes from the ugly sight of it. I tried tirning the lights off for 3 days, and immediatly doing a water change. I tried reducing feedings and light schedual but none of it worked. Low and behold i tried erythromycin used to treat bacteria infections on fish and in 3 hours the stuff was wiped out. After 48 hours and a final water change, there is no trace of the stuff. 18$ saved me from months of agony dealing with the stuff

Yep that stuff works , but keep in mind it also kills the "good " Bacteria we want in our tanks . If you have no ill effects from it please let us know . Thanks and congrats

Been going for two weeks so far and the colors on my corals have never looked brighter, but I do do supplimental feedings for them

That was another option I tried but suprisingly it did not work, my tank was covered in the stuff and I tried reducing PH slowly for a month w/o success. Maybe I was too impatient

Since the erythromycin can kill all the bacteria in the tank, you may experience a cycle. I would watch for ammonia, nitrites and nitrates spikes.

Was not sre why people care so much about ph.
In reef tank. One of the tests that you can ignore and should not care for is the ph.
I have had several sps tanks and i have never test for ph.

Ive got a bit as well and looking to get rid of it. I know that stuff supposedly will eliminate bryopsis as well. Or whatever is
In the kents techm. Which some people say it could include some form of erythromycin.,which was working on my kids tank.

Back