Male BLue Star Leopard Wrasse update

mvallee

Non-member
Really hoping this guy makes it. Received from Live Aquaria Friday in pretty rough shape (you can see my post here). He was buried in the sand Fri. Sat. and then Sunday around 11:00PM he was out. I kept the lights dim for about an hour after I saw him out and fed fresh hatched Brine and some frozen brine. He did not eat much but at least he tried. Over the last three nights he is coming out about 30 minutes earlier each night, last night he was out about 9:15PM. Unfortunately my hatched brine had gone bad in the hatcher so could only feed frozen but he did take a couple big pieces, obviously not his preference but glad he took something.
I really hopes he pulls through, such a gorgeous looking fish but by the way it is swimming, that I would explain as confused and he does not appear to be hunting, I have plenty plenty of pods in this tank I am giving a 50/50 shot. As far as the injuries there is still a raised discolored spot on it's left side and the lips look a bit strange up close almost ragged and off to one side but he definitely opens and closes his mouth with no issues so hopefully not serious.
Time will tell, did a water change last night and dosed Prazi as preventative. Definitely needs to be in a bigger tank so as soon as I think he is acting more normal and his time is more in line with the DT I will be putting him in the 180.

Quick video from last night
[video]https://youtu.be/pF5wLi8-oII[/video]

Back