Mantis keepers!!

One Eye

former vp of pr
Hey, all you guys that have been asking about keeping mantis shrimp and what tanks to use. I've had my Peacock mantis in an eclipse, 5 gal (I think )
acrylic tank. He broke it!!
I planned on moving him to a spare 20 gal, old Petco tank that I had laying around anyway....just not today :p

He cracked the side of the acrylic near the bottom. Not huge, enough to cause a leak.

Wow that's pretty impressive. I haven't seen my mantis test the tank in some time. But I don't think my mantis is large enough to do much damage if any to the eclipse 6 I have him in.
The other week he did manage to hit me twice while I was attempting to arrange some of the rocks. No damage to my finger....just felt like getting popped with a rubber band but I'm sure they were just warning shots.
-David

This one (napolean smashapart is it's name) cracked the speciman container I was acclimating him in!! He's real tuff when it come to smashing plastic but he's afraid of my cushion star. If the cushion moves into napoleans cave, he packs up and finds a new cave....should have named him Whimpy.

Back