MArco rocks, the Fiji kind

Pinkskunk

BRS Member
Hi

I bought some Fiji marco rocks from a reefer who took down his tank long ago, he said some of the rocks he bought from marco never been put in the tank so i have to "cook" them before i can put the rocks in the tank. he mixed all the, now dried rocks together so he doesnt know which pieces already in the tank, which never been in the tank.

so how do i know which is which? reading from google it said rocks from 2008 and older are not cleaned and contain lots of dead stuff. i looked carefully at all these rocks and i dont see any plants, algea or anything that wasnt rock material. these are just plain clean rocks, so is the dirty rock can easily recognized? i never use marco rocks so i dont know what dirty rocks suppose to look like but i believe i can recognize the obvious :)

i want to use these now and not have to cook them for 4-8 weeks !!! i can't believe i have been doing this for close to 20 years and still so impatient LOL

Be hard to tell unless the ones that were in the tank are covered with Coraline and the others are not.

No dirt was noticeable on any of the Marco Figi rocks I ever bought, but the nastiness once cycling is pretty evident.

Back