moonlight question

scottv1025

Non-member
i have a question i have all kinds of corals (hammers , torches , polys, brains , and etc ) and i never had a moonlight . Should i put one in? and why? and i have a 75 g what is the best light to run (moonlight) and how long to run it and when to run it?

looks nice at night and may help some inverts navigate at night. I leave mine on at all times. Prob only a few watts to run.

get the Coralife moon light, they are 1w each to run and produce 470nm blue light. Corals look just like under Actinic light but dimmer.

do u have any web site that i can buy coral moon life . but is it going to stres out the fish out because of light on all day . 9no sleep time)

I keep two Croalife 1w moon light on all night, fish doesn't seem to mind. Sometimes I am wondering if they can see that light spectrum (470nm). Willray said they could not see red light but I am not sure about the blue light.

By the way, An ebay seller keep putting out Coralife moonlight for sale and they goes about $12 plus $7 shipping. May be a local sponsor can offer a better price?

Check out http://autolumination.com/fixtures.htm for a cheap DIY solution... I'm running two of their triple LED domes on a 75g and I like the effect... I only run them about 2 hours each night (after the actinics go off), to allow for some complete darkness in the tank the rest of the night... I think moonlights are mostly for us to enjoy the tank with a nice blue glow than anything else...

Nuno

Back