Most accurate Calcium Test Kit

Interesting. I also use the Red Sea pro. Prior I was using Elos. The Elos and Red Sea were almost spot on to each other.

A gas chromatography–mass spectrometer would really be the best. I doubt you want to invest in that though. *LOL*

What is the club using to measure? And why do you believe that their results were better than yours?

All hobby grade test kits suck. Archit did a comparison of a number of kits and had a wide range of results. Unfortunately, he did not have a calibrated sample to begin with so there was no way to tell which kits was most accurate. Someone else on here on stated that the most important thing to get from testing is stability. I agree with that, but still wish I knew which kit/method produced accurate results.

Here's something to think about. I use Salifert to test nitrate. It's had to read a real value when comparing color shifts though, so at one point I bought the RedSea Pro Nitrate kit. I could get much better results at low levels and they in line with the salifert results. (somewhere between 1 and 2 on salifert was confirmed with RedSea reading of 1.5.) About a month ago, I ordered a refill for the RedSea kit. New reagents and improved color wheel. Cool! The result I get from this kit is 4x higher that the original and Salifert.

I wrote to redsea and asked about this. Their response was that it is bad lab practices to compare test methods and the new formula was more accurate than the original. My follow up question: "Since you've stated the new formula is 4 time more accurate than the original, can you please tell me what the accuracy of your other kits are?" I'm still waiting for a answer to that...

Back