Murphy, it's been a while!

mnavick

BRS Member
Murphy's Law in Reef Keeping.....................there is no law :)

Doing my bi-weekly water change, adding new water and return pump gets an air bubble and stops pushing to DT.
This equals water in sump overflowing to pipe which normally goes to 8g collection bin, however removed for bi-weekly maintenance.
At least 15g all over basement floor, doooooh!
Note to self: never leave room until return pump is pushing to DT, especially if overflow is disconnected :)

2nd visit in 2 weeks: replacing CFL with T5 in MH fixture, put T5 sockets to close to MH and melted them (and I'm embarrassed to say I'm an electrician, double dooooh).

What are some of your recent visits by Mr.Murphy?

Yeah murphy was in troy nh today also , system shut down for cleaning and duel reactor siphoned my frag tank into my sump
case no.2 wet basement

Ah Mr Murphy I have had the pleasure many times. The most recent would be the solenoid getting stuck open on my calcium reactor and the PH getting down to 7.5. It was the middle of the night so I didn't hear the apex alarm for a while. I have since remedied both problems. I don't use a solenoid any more and I have the Apex app on my phone. We all hate Mr Murphy but we do learn from his visits.

well thanks for mentioning Murphy lol . got home today and went straight to snow removal .when I came inside I went straight down to check my tanks , only to find no lights on and no heaters . Tank temps at 73.3 a GFI had blown . so hopefully none the worse for wear here . but you guys juuuust had to mention Murphy lol

Back