My AI Hydra quit working

SilverWolf229

Non-member
I came home today to find my light wasn't on. I tried everything I could think of but it wont come back on. Yes it is plugged in, I did a factory reset. My controller does recognize it and connects to it.I even did the update to 2.6 When it did the update the light came on then after the update nothing again!

If they came on during the update hopefully there's still a fix to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sent in a support ticket with AI, waiting to hear back. I have my crappy JBJ light on the tank Im praying its an easy fix

Had some funk issues going on with my radions when I first got them. Then one of them stopped working. Turned out to be a bad power supply that ended up failing completely. Ecotech overnighted a new power supply and all has been well since. Could be your issue.

I got a response from AI, its not the ballast. It has to go in for repair. :( My acans already have shrunken to where I can hardly see any flesh will be in Boston sunday if anyone has a 24" T5 cheap or could use till mine is repaired?

believe it or not a par 38 bulb and a cheap clip on reflector light would probably work from home depot , at least long enough to get yours fixed

Update:
My Hydra is going in for repair, witch means Im stuck using the crappy JBJ light. I am in the process of getting a 4 bulb T-5. I am going to upgrade the bulbs to ATI. Now that Im thinking about it I might have them upgrade it to the Hydra 54. It depends on what they say is wrong/cost. Im looking at moving in the fall so an upgrade to a bigger tank might be in the works.

So my temp T5 came in today. While I was switching over from the crappy JBJ to the T5 my Picasso clown decided he wanted to go carpet surfing. The down side is I didn't see him till it was too late.

for what it is it works great. Its an Aquatrader 4 bulb T-5 for 69.99 shipped! deff not the hydra but it beats the crappy led I had on it and it has a built in timer that works lol

Sounds like your back up temporarily until your repaired unit comes back.

Stinks to hear about the Picasso.

Good Luck!

So my temp T5 came in today. While I was switching over from the crappy JBJ to the T5 my Picasso clown decided he wanted to go carpet surfing. The down side is I didn't see him till it was too late.

Update:

They hydra is going out this week. I upgraded the bulbs to ATI.
This is the bulbs I am using:
from 11am to 8pm:
ATI true Actinic
ATI Blue Plus
From 12pm to 7:00pm
ATI Coral Plus
ATI Aquablue Special
9:00pm to 6:00am moon lights

Im already seeing a huge difference in pe. My birdsnest has soo much more pe then even under the Hydra. Gonna see what changes there are while its out for repair.

That's what Im thinking.....After it comes back from repair Im thinking of selling the Hydra and getting a 6 bulb

tank with the T-5
pics 1396.jpg

Back