My new nano....My reef addiction just got worse...

TomD

Non-member
.....Got to tell you guys & gals. If you have only had reefs, and never tried a FOWLR with aggressive type fish, I HIGHLY recommend it. I am having so much fun watching my lion, triggers, and snowflake eel eat. The tank has great rock-work covered in coralline so it doesn't look as plain as I feared..I always thought my love was only for corals but a FO tank really can be a lot of fun.

On to the nano. This will now be my coral tank. Because it is only 12 gallons, I can afford to ONLY add high end corals, mixed but mostly LPS. I plan to have a nice pair of clowns and as many nice corals as I can fit in.

Tank: 12G Aqua-Pod
Lighting: 20K HQI Halide. Love 20K and can absolutely do it and not lose growth in a tank this size.

ust clearing up....New sand, old water and established rock testing all 0's for nitrite/amonia. I will have to watch it no plans to add fish soon but if there is no cycle I will add clowns next week.

Pics of the new toy and one next to big brother. (Sorry stands so messy. There was a lot of water transfer going on).

Thanks Yuk for the trade, I couldn't be happier!!!!!

Attachments

• Nano2 5-31.jpg
    Nano2 5-31.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 346
  • Next to big bro.jpg
    Next to big bro.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 339
New Pics

My only two fish that will inhabit and my chaeto light setup for one of the back chambers.

Attachments

• 2 clowns 6-7-0.jpg
    2 clowns 6-7-0.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 275
  • Nano chaeto setup.jpg
    Nano chaeto setup.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 263
great pics. their is a site that sells in water fuge lights. they are like 5.00 and they fit perfectly into the back chamber of the biocube. just a thought your set up looks sweet.

great pics. their is a site that sells in water fuge lights. they are like 5.00 and they fit perfectly into the back chamber of the biocube. just a thought your set up looks sweet.

not sure how the back it set up, but i know with biocubes you can scrape paint off to make the back clear. if you can do that i recomend the JBJ nano light. its for fuges it has 4 led's 1 watt each. i love mine.

Your tank looks great!

I think I like the setup I have. I have 4 chambers. For now, there is a chamber with carbon, one with chaeto and the light, one with phosguard, and the last with the heater and tank pump.

I don't see a need for a skimmer so we will see how it goes.

Back