Need a Steel Tank stand Built

MickyB

Non-member
Are there any welders that can build a stand for a Acrylic Tank 96X60X30? Would also like it powder coated.

check with marco67. he has a contact that builds a quality stand. not sure if they could powder coat but worth a call.
also try interamerican.

i could weld it for you but i no longer have the tools to fabricate it.

are you looking for a "frame" with a top or completely wraped in sheet metal? I am a welder and have access to steel, but 96" is a lot of sheet metal.

check out a 35 gallon stand I made

Attachments

• hex tank1.jpg
    hex tank1.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 174
  • hex stand painted.jpg
    hex stand painted.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 175
Like Scott said I just had one built for my 360. 6' X 3' X 35" tall. It is 1 1/4"square X 1/4" wall stock with 8 stainless leveler feet on it. I opted not to powder coat mainly because of the lead time. Instead I had it striped then shot with an automotive bare metal primer with about 4 coats of an epoxy paint over that. I can post some pics later today if your interested. Of course if your interested in taking a look feel free to call and come on down.

Scott Thanks for the info
Jeff Just looking for a Frame to mount 3/4" plywood to the top, althought wrapping it in sheetmetal looks nice in the picture you sent.
Marco That sound what i am looking for would like to see pictures and can see it at your Grand Opening..

I saw Marc's stand and it is awesome. Very sturdy and clean looking. Marc, can't wait to see that 360 on top of it filled to the brim with corals and fish!!

MickyB,

Let me know if you need a fab guy...my neighbor has been doing fab work for over 30 years....his shop is in his house and he can do pretty much anything you want. Not sure about the powder coating though.

Back