Need fish suggetions

SMS76

Non-member
I have a 115G (48x18x31) softie tank with 29G sump. Looking for some suggetions on fish.

This is what i have right now.
-> Juvenile Emperor Angel
-> Flame Angel (small)
-> Algae Blenny (small)
-> Oscellaris clown and true percula clown (small)
-> Two green chromis

Right now i can only see two fish actively swimming which are both my angelfish. Algae blenny kind of hops around and it's a baby. Clowns do their thing and i hardly see green chromis. I am thinking about adding couple fishes. I am thinking about one tang, possibly tiny/small hippo tang.
Few Q's:

----> Can i keep more then one dwarf angel?
----> Are Anthias jumpers as wrasses?
----> What do you think about blue throat trigger to this mix?
----> Should i increase the number of green chromis to make a big school (around 7)? I know they might start killing each other and that makes me hasitate with that thought.
----> Any suggetions on small to medium size active swimming fish for this mix?

Thanks
Shoeib

unless you have a closed hood stay away from anthias and wrasse they WILL eventually jump for no apparent reason( ask my daughter my wrasse jumped into her hair yesterday LOL it was very cute kinda a toss as to grab the camera or the fish the fish won and is fine and happy..chromiss will school mine are out all the time I think if you keep them the same sizes and odd numbered you are fine
:) want a yellowhead sleeper goby? out all the time, terrorizes all LPS with sand placement, and is just a PITA but eats great and is out all the time :)

Dawn, thanks for the reply. I heard about wrasse being jumpers. I had school of chromis and they just disappear one by one. may be i should look to get similar sizes.

How about Lyretail anthias? Can i get 1 male and 2-3 females? R they aggressive? Should i get all females and let one of the dominant turn in to male? R they aggessive and jumpers? Will they school?
Do any one have these fish in groups? Any feedback.

Shoeib said:
Dawn, thanks for the reply. I heard about wrasse being jumpers. I had school of chromis and they just disappear one by one. may be i should look to get similar sizes.

How about Lyretail anthias? Can i get 1 male and 2-3 females? R they aggressive? Should i get all females and let one of the dominant turn in to male? R they aggessive and jumpers? Will they school?
Do any one have these fish in groups? Any feedback.

I have only one Lyretail (male). Very docile and doesn't bother a thing. He certainly doesn't appear to be a jumper and I have had no problems.

TBoisvert said:
I have only one Lyretail (male). Very docile and doesn't bother a thing. He certainly doesn't appear to be a jumper and I have had no problems.

I used to have one female and it was mean towards chromis. She used to chase chromis out of open space and push them towards cave in LR.

Not sure if they will still behave like that if i have a group of 3 females and one male. I don't mind if they still do that with green chromis as long as they leave other fish alone.
R u planning to add any other females or just keep the male by itself?

Another dwarf angel added to the tank with the juvi emperor and the flame will lead to territory battles.
A blue throat trigger could work in there. Any fish that goes into that mix now better be able to hold its own or it'll get bullied and may starve.

I was leading towards blue throat but i might reconsider it as this fish is another jumper and may be gets too big for my tank speically with my Emperor. I wanted to keep the Emperor as a boss of the tank and may be the largest fish in my tank.

I am now considering a group of Lyretail Anthias but wanted to get members experience. How about getting 1M with 3Females?

anthias should hold up to the tough crowd pretty well.

A crowd of chromis is nice, but they're jumpers too in my experience. I'd be willing to bet that when you were losing them one by one in the past they were each jumping out, not fighting. That's what happened to mine, although I only found one or two. The cats got the rest. :)

NateHanson said:
anthias should hold up to the tough crowd pretty well.

A crowd of chromis is nice, but they're jumpers too in my experience. I'd be willing to bet that when you were losing them one by one in the past they were each jumping out, not fighting. That's what happened to mine, although I only found one or two. The cats got the rest. :)

That's possible with chromis. I haven't found any fish outside the tank though. I did see few of them get picked pretty bad and then they just disappear.

Back