Need help to kill Aiptasia

cobra1858

Non-member
I have 1 rock that has Aiptasia on it. I have tried Joes Juice and all other ways I have found online to kill it, but every time I get kill 1 I end up with a few more. Is there anything I can soak this rock in to kill them? I don?t want to put it back into the tank unless I can guarantee they are gone.

Jeff

wsonner said:
Peppermint Shrimp. Eat them like candy.
Some do some don't. That also depend's on the shrimp and how much you feed the tank. What size is the tank? A CBB or a Racoon butterfly will take care of them if the tank size permit's.

I have read about "Joes Juice" in the fourms in the past. I had about 5-6 Aiptasia's in my tank (46 Gal) with 4 Peppermint's. They spend more time eating and stealing food from my RBTA's than bothering with the Aiptasia's. So I went to AA in NH and got some "Joe's Juice" and very simple to use by the way. Treated the Aiptasia's and within 5-10 Min's they were DEAD, GONE and have not been back and also as a foot note the treatment has not bothered any other things coral or inverts or fish in my tank.

I used a mixed approach on my nano tank and it worked really well: killed the larger ones with Joe's Juice, and then got 3 peppermint shrimp, they kept the smaller ones in check. The "trick" with the peppermints is to make sure you get real peppermints (and not camelbacks, which look similar) and get at least a few of them.

Nuno

Make sure the "Peppermint" shrimp are really Peppermint shrimp and not camel shrimp. They look very similar.

Get a Copperband Butterfly. I had hundreds of aiptasia - they were everywhere! They were all gone within a couple of weeks after I added the CBB. Not one has returned and it's been about 6 months. But make sure you get a CBB that is eating prepared foods.

Mike75 said:
Jeff, just throw that rock out already. How long has it been sitting on your counter? :D

Hi Mike didn't you notice the Aiptasia I left in that macro I gave you? :p

I have to take it out to get the tank drilled, maybe I can store it in your 37 Gal? I'll try a Peppermint Shrimp and more Joes Juice. If I put this rock in the 75 Gal Fuge what are the chances of the Aipasia getting into the display tank?

In Calfos book of coral propagation he uses a Aiptasia scrubber for his fuge...

Attachments

• calfo.jpg
    calfo.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 693
Back