new aquarium being designed in rhode island

jfourn83

Non-member
saw on public tv that they are in the beging of the planning stages of opening the worlds largest aquarium.... i think they said atlanta has 12,000,000 gallons and this will have 14000000 gallons......the first site for it will be in east providence rhode island and the secondary location will in tiverton if east providence falls through.......my faviorte quote was hoiw can the ocean state not have a public aquarium

http://oceansaquarium.org/

Wow, I haven't heard anything about this, but it would be nice. I remember when we moved here 15 years ago, they were building a Six Flags in Westerly. Nothing ever happened. So far all they're building are huge wind turbines in our backyards.

They're gonna build an aquarium on the bike path? Seems like an odd location to me, but would be pretty cool to have an aquarium in my back yard.

Wonder how they will get the customers to sustain a place like this. Doesnt seem to me that RI is the best place for the largest aquarium in the world..

Wonder how they will get the customers to sustain a place like this. Doesnt seem to me that RI is the best place for the largest aquarium in the world..

who would have thought that the mystic seaport aquarium would work either? Believe it or not, tourism is pretty big as an industry in RI. Since it doesn't have Boston-level traffic, and things aren't that far away from each other, and no Sagamore/Bourne bridge nightmares....and decent beaches......it's just not that bad of an idea. Maybe they could do a MACNA at the Providence convention Center once it's open :p

i live about a 2 minute walk from this location.........its a pretty good location because its right off the highway....talked to one of the town council members (off the record lol)... about it and they said its gonna be the 9 yards ....i guess a ferry runing to it a shuttle train.... there was talk about having it in providence in the old eletric building but i think it would suck because of parking, i hate going to boston for that reason... it would be great for the town and the state......jobs.... buisness would benifit....im relativly new to the hobby compaired to must people but i would love to see some of the local reef keepers give some input to oceansaquarium.......

WOW, thank you for the link and information something to look forward to. Hope it happens in East Providence

Back