New skimmer

Ray

frrrrunkis
BRS Member
Well I thought I would give a little input incase anyone was thinking about an ASM skimmer. I got my ASM skimmer this past thursday and set it up late afternoon (4:00)
As for the quality of the skimmer I would have to say it is good but not as thick as EuroReef skimmers. Other features it has OVER the ER is that the lid of the skimmer locks in place where the ER just sits on top and the neck between the collection cup and skimmer body is removable for better access to the body for cleaning. It uses the same pumps and neddle wheels as the ERs, The G-6 uses 3 sedra 9000 pumps.
In the following pics you will see the skimmer with 5 days of use.

Attachments

• skimmer-cup.jpg
    skimmer-cup.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 316
You should be happy with that skimmer Moe

It smells like swampass

Ray,

Is that outside the sump (externally plumbed). If so, there are a bunch of people on RC that will want to see that. If not, how much water you have it sitting in? I think most of the people having trouble with their ASM have it submerged too deep. LMK

Moe,

I got the G4. It rocks. :D

-Linda

No it is in my sump, that is the fuge one the left and the frag tank on the right, you just cant see the 65 gallon tank it is sitting in, I would say about 10-12 inches of water

Casey I do drive a garbage truck, trust me I know bad smells ;)

aha24 said:
I must say also that this thing is huge. :eek: I have seen it ;)

The first time I read this it came out as "I must say also that his thing is huge. :eek: I have seen it"

:D

Nuno

Not as funny as someone saying they have not shat their pants since high school ;)

Back