New to BRS!

thrillreefer

BRS Member
Hello fellow reefers,

I've been on Reefcentral for a while and I just found this site. I have been looking for a place to get in contact with reefers from my area (Boston - Fenway area). I am especially interesting in finding people to trade frags with, check out great reef tanks in the area, and make some new "reef friends."

About me: I just graduated from MIT and will be moving to Boston officially to work in a systems biology research lab. I'm going to be living in a condo in the Fenway area starting this August, so I will have to switch to a smaller (but hopefully nicer) tank soon. I have been in the hobby for about 6 or 7 years (started by working in a SW LFS back in highschool). I set up a reef at home in Seattle for a few years, and then ended up bringing most of my corals/LR on the plane with me over a few trips and set up a reef at school.

I currently have a 55 gal mixed reef. I will be downsizing when I move, probably to a 30 gal or so, and have been fragging my corals for about 6 mo. now in order to have some small colonies with which to start the new tank.

This site looks great, and I can't wait to start coming to meetings. Are they held monthly, and where does this happen? I saw that people post frags for sale pretty often, so I am excited about that. Maybe I will post some pics of my system once I get aquainted an figure out how to do that. Do we use tags on here? I have a few pics on photobucket.com, and will be uploading more soon.

Glad to have found this community!

WelcomeBRS.jpg

You can find info re. the meetings and meetings/auctions on the top area of the reef talk forum.

Got pics?:)

Welcome!
To load from a URL you click the paper clip while posting and just enter the URL in the URL section. Get some pics up soon! :)

Hi and welcome to BRS!!!:)
The meetings are held monthly and information can be found in Reef Talk at the top of the threads(monthly meeting informationans well as yearly).
http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39234
or
http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=46889

FOr the pictures, if you go to photography a delta has made the very simple to use thread on exactly how to post pictures. Again, that thread is found under photography.
http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40165

Good Luck!!!

Ok here are some pics of my 55, can't find the best ones, but here goes:
Left end of tank, colors look off because of flash I think. You can see my frag growout station in the top left corner...
CIMG1265.jpg

My RBTA w/ goldstripe maroon; actually bought the fish at Lovely Pets in Quincy
Picture007.jpg

Picture025.jpg

CIMG1282.jpg

Sorry, couldn't find a good full system shot. I am out of town for a couple weeks, so maybe I will take some better ones when I get home.
Let me know what you think

Welcome to the BRS!!:)

Love the clown and RBTA, the cleaners too. We recently lost one of our cleaners, they were a pair and completely inseperable.:(

Good luck with your move!

Last edited:
Back