New to salt water tanks

murf

Non-member
Hello everyone i am knew to salt water tanks and i am getting a 72 gallon bow front tank. I am going to just be doing live rock and a couple fish to start off. I would like to know all about the sump pump because the tank i am getting is going to be using one. How much is it going to cost to get a sump for a tank this big? What do i need to know about it and what items do i need to make the sump complete. Does the sump work as a filter or am i going to need a separate filter for this? Also am i missing anything else for this tank? i would love it if someone could help me out with all of this. I am just a younger kid not looking to spend large amounts on my tank yet (i know it is somewhat pricey but i would like to spend as little as possible to start) thank you for your time. i would prefer pm unless you have some other form of contact. (email...ect)

You will need a protein skimmer for filteration in conjunction with ur live rock.... the sump will b the house for the skimmer or the place your skimmer will dump into. the sump will also b for the water coming from the tank via the overflows. (you do have a reef ready bow front correct?)

Funny no responses yet...Oh I know why...cause ur not putting corals so the welcome isn't neccesary by some folks!! :)

Anyway...welcome....& if u need any help shoot me a pm....
B

Welcome to the Boston Reefers. Let me know if you need a couple of pieces of rock. It is figi rock that is dry, but if you put in in with some live rock, it will eventually all become live rock.
Ask away if you have questions and start slow. Don't add living things like fish right away until your tank has time to cycle.

:w to the BRS.

I usually go with the biggest tank that will fit in the stand for a sump. You can just keep it simple with a protein skimmer and return pump.

wow its like 181 views and only 5 intro's................Welcome to BRS......hopefully ur build is going well............any questions hit us up......u can get many great opinions....is only up to u to choose what best suits ur tank...............................

Back