No! Please No, don't eat that!

petesreef

petesreef
When I looked at the tank this morning I initially didn't see my shrimp. When I looked around I found the BTA with this in his mouth. After a brief heart attack I was able to locate the shrimp under a rock. At that point I realized the BTA was eating the shrimp's molt.

Attachments

• no please no!.jpg
    no please no!.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 188
Hey! My shrimp molted last night too! I thought he was looking kinda drab last night. I was a little worried for him. He had some splotchy yellowy-brown spots on him. Then I found his molt this morning and he looked all shinny and new! :)

No one was attempting to eat his molt though.. I had to clean it up myself.. :\

Melody~

That poor anemone. He thinks he made a big score only to find out it was just empty packaging.

I always know that my shrimp is about to molt because his two more forward antenae will change their appearance. Normally, they are completely white. A day or two before the molt, these turn alternating red and white comparable to a candy cane.

Our first cleaner shrimp molted in the bag on the way home from the fish store. Jill was floating it in the tank, and then there were two shrimp in there. Freaky....

Back