Nudibranchs - Bad Ones?

Kens Bees

BRS Member
The pics might be bad since the monti is back in the tank. I moved a rock in front of this recently and thought the spongodes was bleaching because of the new light pattern. BUT, as I look today I think it's something more.

Can anyone confirm or reject that these are monti eating nudi's?

Attachments

• IMG_5079[1].JPG
    IMG_5079[1].JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_5078[1].JPG
    IMG_5078[1].JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 121
Looks right to me. Don't go chemical. I think my target Mandarin is eating them. frag dip and isolate pieces you want to save. Dip every 3-4 days

I thought so, everything I looked at online pointed in that direction. I just removed the offending rock. There were three other corals, not monti's, on it that I fragged off and put in a frag tank that also has no monti's. The monti wasn't a show piece and I'm not heartbroken about losing it. My main concern now is if any eggs or adults moved around already.

There are other montis in the tank, So, pull all of them, visually inspect and scrub, dip, put in the frag tank and continue to dip for a while? I have a few unique pieces I'd hate to lose.

I had some big bristleworms in that rock, like three to four+ inches big. Big enough to put on a hook and go flounder fishing!

Back