ODD? Damsel behavior?

I have a what was sold to me as a Beau Gregory..although now no one can identify it..He was the last fish put in the tank about a month ago. Shy at first, but now stakes his "sleeping hole". A little picked on at first-mainly during feeding but everyone is happy again9hippo, perc, 3 chromis, 2 yellow watchamn's(rarely seen or even budge for that matter) and a diamond watchman goby(serious hole digger! great guy!) Over the past couple of dats he has chosen a front corner in the tank and goes down to the sand and "blows" it away to create this shallow spot in the DSB-he'll nose dive into it..push the sand out with his body-all day long. There is a large rock "protecting" it...What the heck is he doing??:confused:

Probably she, not he and it is likely nesting behaviour. Damsles are closely related to clowns and they clear a spot for laying eggs.

I don't know what it's doing, but ODD is correct. In the long run most damsels develop antisocial perosnality disorder, first it's ODD, then conduct disorder, then......

Heavy doses of sedatives and anti convulsants might help, but in the end the fish is probably just a jerk :)

Thanks Cindy! Should I get a male for her?? Or will that create war or the worlds??

As for the ODD behavior..I have a completely adaptive tank of fish! Everyone believes they are a chromis and school around the tank all day in circles..then the clown realizes "OH..BTA!" hops in it..the hippo is confused at this point and begins trying to host(more like just laying flat with tail up) in a toadstool chromis hide..one of my gobies has no back end(l;iterally it's a half of fish) she has a mate and is by far the most aggressive little twirp..but hilarious to watch! ODD is sometimes good!:)

Back