Overflows/110 Gallon

Jim Tansey

BRS Member
Just finished the overflows for my new 110 gal, the center section is to cover up some plumbing the holes are for Lock-Line to exit from the pump. I'l remove the paper after the glue in.

Jim

Last edited:
Nice work Jim,
BTW did I tell you the new 110s are 1/2" less ID than the old ones? :p ;)

Marc

I got you on this one, the center piece is about 1 inch to long so I can trim when I get the tank.

Jim

LOL
I was just Kidding...and I new you would have a back up planned.

What thickness did you use with the acrylic? And where did you get it? It looks real nice and it is good timing for me as I am planning to build almost the same thing....thanks for sharing

I used 3/8, I think you could get by with 1/4 but I like the extra thickness to cut rabbets in all the joints. I purchased my stock from Palco Plastics in Whitman, Ma, one thing thats nice about them is you can rome around through the shop and find pieces you can use, they have a trailer of cut pieces on the side of the building also I usually find what I need there.

Jim

Jim did this go in a glass tank? If so how did you attach it to the glass? I am planning the same type of internal overflow in my new tank and am curious how it has held up for you so far. Thanks...

I used aquarium RTV from All Glass, the tank is glass and the bond is very strong.

Jim

looks great!!
do you have it installed yet? any pics of the install or finished product?

what was the price you paid for the pieces you used to make it?

ANDY

Back