Pistol Shrimp / Watchman Goby

MrX

Non-member
Quick video of the pistol shrimp (from Joel's setup) and the watchman goby I got to pair up with.

The shrimp doesn't like the fact that this strange object (algae clip) is so close to it's burrow. Of course one second after I stopped recording it scurried over and ripped off a big chunk of the nori and dragged it into the burrow.

If you look you can also see the conch checking out the nori as well.

[video=youtube_share;yZdJNFeXBNk]http://youtu.be/yZdJNFeXBNk[/video]

Geez, those tiger pistols are a lot bigger than the little candy pistols I've seen. Excellent quality video too. Thanks for sharing.

Very cool. In our nano we have a Yasha Goby and Candycane shrimp that paired up immediately after being introduced to the tank. I love watching these 2 interact.

In our 'big' tank, we have a pink spotted watchman and tiger goby. They've been in the same tank for a year now, but have not paired up. Maybe they just aren't compatible?

The tiger pistol is a one-shrimp excavation team. Making crazy large caverns on their side of the tank. I have another video and some pictures I'll try to upload.

The little candy-cane pistol shrimp/flame-tail goby on the other side barely move any sand.

In our 'big' tank, we have a pink spotted watchman and tiger goby. They've been in the same tank for a year now, but have not paired up. Maybe they just aren't compatible?

Maybe the tank is too big and they just haven't found each other? Have you tried to nudge them together?

When I put in the Watchman Goby to try and pair it up with the Tiger Shrimp I introduced it to the tank right above the cave where the Tiger was living. Of course two minutes later it was on the other side of the tank sitting on the hole where the candy-cane/flame-tail were living. I used a net to gently push it back to the other side. Had to do it 2-3 times before it went and hid in the rocks. Later that night I saw it poking out of one of the caves the Tiger shrimp had built.

Maybe I just got lucky.

Other video of the Watchman/Tiger Shrimp I mentioned:

[video=youtube_share;D3eym7Dxa6U]http://youtu.be/D3eym7Dxa6U[/video]

I bought a goby and a shrimp this weekend, put them in the tank and haven't seen them since. Is this unusual? How long before they are comfortable enough to come out. I saw the shrimp digging under a toadstool the first night but haven't seen him since. The Goby I saw the first 2 minutes he was put in and never again. Its been 2 days.

Back