All Set Pitho crabs

They are awesome! Can’t tell if one of mine just died or if it’s just a molt. Got from Reefcleaners

Salty bottom reef co had them recently as well

They are awesome! Can’t tell if one of mine just died or if it’s just a molt. Got from Reefcleaners

Salty bottom reef co had them recently as well
Hopefully just a molt! They are out of stock on reef cleaners but I’m going to order from them once they come back in stock.

Heads up when I got the alert that they were back in stock it was only a handful and they went quick. I waited another couple weeks and then opened to check and they had 2 so I scooped them. Wonder why these guys are not everywhere like emeralds? Great crab

They do not seem to life long in our reef tanks. I have got them twice. I also asked on multiple fb pages no one said they survived over 6-7 months. I have 1 out of 8 on my second batch survive 7 months and still going. It was a small one all the larger ones died. May be due to temps since they are from Florida not sure.

That would explain why they’re not more popular I guess. A damn shame since they are algae eating machines!

I bought two and both were very active and eating a lot of different things. Then after a few weeks one either died or molted, and have barely seen the second one in days. They do like to play in the sand so hopefully that’s where they are at the moment but I’m not too hopeful

They are beasts eating algae and more reef safe than emeralds. I want to try a third time but I feel like I’m waisting money at this point.

I’d be in for some pitho crabs and more in Uxbridge. I gotta get rid of this bubble algae it’s driving me crazy and a few more members to the crew wouldn’t hurt.

You guys find them?

Looks like a vendor in "my" room at FFM has them

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240224-160446.png
    Screenshot_20240224-160446.png
    176 KB · Views: 28
I have one that's gone rogue--found him munching on one of my plate corals a few minutes ago. He's in time out now. Chris, if you want him, I'll bring to ffm.

I have one that's gone rogue--found him munching on one of my plate corals a few minutes ago. He's in time out now. Chris, if you want him, I'll bring to ffm.
Thanks Tim, the more I have researched the more I have found them to be a pain in the a** haha

Thanks Tim, the more I have researched the more I have found them to be a pain in the a** haha
Interesting never seen any post or thread of a pitho crab eating coral. Fragging it yeah since it’s technically a decor crab but not eating. Did it do a lot of damage?

Not much damage. Came home from dinner last night and checked the tank out--lights were out except for blues. The pitho was next to one of my diaseris plates--I watched it tear a few little pieces of flesh off with its tiny claws, before grabbing it and putting in an isolation box.

Unfortunately, the crab managed to get out of the box overnight, so now I need to hunt him down and banish to the sump.

Back