REMOVING 2 CONDI Anemone's

saltcrazy

Non-member
So I made the mistake of putting to Condi's in my tank. They are wandering around like crazy and rubbing on and stinging my frags and corals. What is the fastest and easiest way to remove them. 1 is on a small piece of LR that I'm considering on removing together and just drop them off at petco. The other is on a 20lb piece of LR. Ideas? Thanks -Kevin

With your nail or a credit card try to push up the base/foot of the anemone. It'll slime and youll feel like your hurting it but they are really tough and can take it. Once you get under it just keep wiggling your way under and it will keep detaching. Eventually it come off. I have done thus a few times.

Place both rocks in a bucket of tank water and walk away for an hour or so ..once the water gets a little cold they will walk around ..once they are on the bucket its very easy to remove with a credit card ...I usually cut a pice of gallon jug and remove them with it ...bends much better than a credit card

If you can point a power head at it's foot, sometimes it will loosen it.
Or you can drive it to the glass where it's easier to get under the foot.

From experience in helping a friend move one, the power head pointing on it works well. It will get irritated and release it's foot in hopes to get away giving you a chance to scoop it up. Please be very careful with the foot. It is very delicate and if damaged it is extremely prone to infection.

Wear latex glove or latex finger glove and just peel it away. If you want the anemone to survive, careful while peeling it so that you don't destroy the foot too much. If not, just peel it away.

Back