RO/DI float shutoff

Rays

Non-member
I've had a Kent Marine 60gpd Hi-S RO/DI Unit for a few years now with several small floods, and the little woman is starting to get a little testy about it. Does the Kent float shutoff connect directly to the product out flow line so that you don't have to worry about the water faucet, and are there any other float/shutoffs that you feel are better. TIA

You'll want the auto shut off kit, not just the float valve.

The kit comes with the float valve and an auto shut off unit that will sense the back pressure when the float valve closes, and will then shut off the input to the RO unit.
Here's a link to the spectra pure kit (kent makes a similar kit also, they may be interchangable but I don't know for sure)
http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewI...osis-Accessories-Shut_Off_Valves~vendor~.html

Huh.....tagging along on this thread.
I have a Water General Unit that has the typical "H" shaped auto shut off.
So basically all I would need was some sort of float valve to close the exit hose off?

I have been using the kent shut-off kit for over a year now. I put a T in line 1 goes to my salt barrel and the other goes to the r/o container. There is a kent float valve in both. It uses standard 1/4 tubing and connectors. I have not had any issues with this setup at all.

Jenn

Back