Salt water on wheels

FishyIdea

Non-member
Hello,

I have this concept in mind of keeping a 25-gallon wheeled vat of salt water in my coat closet. I can move it over to the ro/di in the kitchen when it's time to make more and wheel it over to the tank for water changes. The rest of the time I don't have to look at it.

The U.S. Plastics web site has a white 28 gallon rectangular Rubbermaid Brute commercial-grade container with available lid and dolly for about $98 shipped.

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/pr...SPlastic&category_name=24896&product_id=16512

I contacted tech support and the dolly is rated for up to 320 pounds of liquid.

Questions:
Is there a local place to get such a set up for same or better price?
Is there a cheaper solution?
What configuration of heaters and powerheads would you use with this container to mix and heat the salt water within an 8 to 12 hour period?

Also wouldn't mind alternate solutions for those of you living in condos or apartments.

Thanks,
Joe

How far away is it from the tank? Could you just rig up a long piece of tubing and a powerhead so the SW tank doesn't need to move? You can also do a long tube for the rodi. It is a lot easier to move tubing around than a 250 lb bucket of water.

about 14 feet from closet to tank
about 25 feet from ro/di to closet

I've already tested the ro/di off a 20 ft length and it worked.

I don't like the idea of working in the coat closet and running power cords in there. I guess I could try it and buy the dolly later. Saves me $45

Back