"Sea water has many more species of microorganisms, says new study"

Interesting article. Will have to read more about it in the literature. The mouthful of water reference sounds alarming, but it doesn't clarify which are bad bacteria and good bacteria. When people are on penicillin for long periods of time, this rids their body of all bacteria, good and bad and they have to take capsules containing good bacteria to bring the good bacteria levels back to acceptable limits.

It will certainly enter my mind when swimming in the ocean.
Thanks for sharing the article.

Interesting article. They don't even mention the viruses (bacterial phages) that are continuously preying on all these bacteria. I'd seen an article not too long ago about this, and the number of viruses (mostly again that are preying on bacteria, so don't freak out) was incredibly high.

We ingest alot more things that are bad for us then sea water. At least the ocean has a built in protien skimmer and UV!!!

its "riskey" but i have always wondered about red tide bacteria. no so sirius but!
1. consumes nitrate
2. photoluminecent. << thats what i want.at night the power heads ect diturb the bacteria which the illuminate.
down side cant eat your clams and oysters.hehe

Back