Set up my 72 bowface tank looking for some opinions

gtafanatic

Non-member
1e2f066d50b6f4a1a54b79c5519ec9b1.jpg
93a4d3e62db7deb05455cfa2241b5db8.jpg
a661f63a8988eadeb6185d04a595b517.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So have not decided if I want to go with a reef tank or a fish only. I set this tank up with all my extra stuff was going to sell off live rock but decided Mize will set up another tank down the basement.
I am currently running 2 mixed reef now one cube and a 60 breeder with Display sump

So I guess my first question is what do you guys think I should set this up as?
if anyone has anything they want to help me out with getting this tank to look pretty please let me know willing to barter or purchase, just keep in mind it's basement tanks are not trying to spend crazy money.

Well what do you think so far

Thank you. Was not sure if I should've put it under reef talk where it belonged

That is a lot of rock. I like the way you've created columns / caves in the lower half. Look into something that will utilize that rock - assessors would be cool, or other fish who either perch / hop along the rocks or do a lot of weaving in and out of the cave structures.

That sounds like a good idea what would you recommend for fish and thank you also for the compliment on the Aqua scape

Flame hawk fish love to bounce around and sit on different rocks. When I had a scribble rabbit fish it was a cross tank swimmer and cave explorer.

That's a good-looking fish but it looks like it's an $80 fish which may be a little steep for a basement tank.

The falco hawkfish on the other hand is much more reasonable at $20 and I'm pretty sure they'll bounce around too I actually have two of them now don't know why I did not think about buying another for this tank. thanks for the input

Royal grammas also love caves. And most "perching" type blennies love to hop and poke out of the little crevices.

Also dwarf angels do a lot of exploring along rocks.

That is a lot of rock. I like the way you've created columns / caves in the lower half. Look into something that will utilize that rock - assessors would be cool, or other fish who either perch / hop along the rocks or do a lot of weaving in and out of the cave structures.

I agree on both points. My first thought was a lot of rock. And assessors and hawkfish's are cool. Wish I had room for a hawkfish damn small tank...

Back