Simplicity 240dc skimmer oversized?

candykid

Non-member
So when I upgraded my tank it came with this skimmer. It works great for a few days, then gets wonky (bubbles don't form as nice) and then goes great again. Its on a reefer 350. From everything I have been reading it's possibly because it is to big.... Any tips to see if that's the case? I've taken it apart and cleaned it many times over the last year, adjusted water hight, retuned the skimmer almost weekly over the past year.

Thanks

I don’t know how big a reefer 350 is or what that skimmer is rated for. It is definitely better to go undersized for a skimmer rather than oversized. If you believe it’s oversized you could put it on a timer and run it for half the day?

I don’t know how big a reefer 350 is or what that skimmer is rated for. It is definitely better to go undersized for a skimmer rather than oversized. If you believe it’s oversized you could put it on a timer and run it for half the day?
The tanks like 73 gallons with sump and the skimmers rated for like 140 gallon heavy bioload. If I don't run the skimmer all the time the ph drops

Back