Solaris Lights from Everything reef.

Carlo Miceli

Non-member
I just wanted to say thanks Ray! The lights are awesome! Ray got me a 48 inch PFO Solaris light system in 2 days. He even delivered it to my house! You need anything Ray can hook you up.

Carlos how do you like the lights.I saw those at Skiptons and I myself (JMO)was not impressed I thought that they were just ok and Skiptons had them running on their clam tank for less than a week.Not sure what they did with them but they went back to MH.Who is Ray:confused: .

I reread what you said "the lights are awsome" and your title "from Everything Reef" what a dumm a** I am,any pics.

As far as what the effects are for a viewing pleasure they look fantastic. They bring out colors in the tank and add alot of depth. As far as the clams at Skiptons, Not sure there are alot of settings that might have not been set right when you looked at it. Also the auto mode has a calander clock that follows light schedules. The different lights change brightness based on that and there is a program that runs for cloud cover. It can change the bulbs rates at different times.... So maybe you hit them at the wrong time. I will say that when the lights where on my desk the where bright as heck. Almost blinding, on the tank Visual brightness doesnt seem as bright as my 250MH
20k's I might have a setting off myself for that, I havent had a chance to mess with it. Also if the frags I have react nice to it I am not looking for that blinding white light anyway... On the plus side I have to say there is ZERO HEAT.. You can touch the lights anywhere anytime. Very Quiet too. Moonlight phase is great too. Has a deep rich glow that fills the tank. Thats my review for the moment...
Some Pics but not great as taking moonlight shots is hard to get across what it really looks like.
They are much better in person then the photos. Also if I could work my camera better.....
http://picasaweb.google.com/ppht43/SolarisLights
I will add some better daytime ones soon...

Last edited:
Carlo thanks for the pics and talk about the low profile its almost hidden.The one at Skiptons I think might of had a problem at one point the lights came on for about 10min. and then they were off maybe the settings were not dialed in right plus thats a big tank to light up.Good luck with yours and keep the pics coming:) .

Upcoming Events

June 9, 2024
Ben Johnson
Club Meeting

Back