Some Macro pics around my tank

mvallee

Non-member
My Sailfin Blenny decided to take up residence today in a shell that was basically right up against the glass and I have this Fuji Point and shoot that has a super macro mode that you can take a picture of something almost touching the lens, I think it's 7mm focusing distance at it's widest setting so I took full advantage. Unfortunately the glass here was the dirtiest right there at sand level but still got some good shots of it and some other critters that came up to the front of the tank.

Here is the elusive carribean sailfin blenny
DSCF5518.jpgDSCF5576.jpg

My Red scooter Dragonette, not the greatest pics but by far the coolest fish
DSCF5539.jpgDSCF5566.jpg

some of the closer corals
DSCF5521.jpgDSCF5532.jpgDSCF5537.jpgDSCF5541.jpg

The watchman goby next to my elegance,
DSCF5593.jpg

the cleaning machine, we call him grandpa he just looks like an old man my lawnmower blenny
DSCF5592.jpg

Mr Sandstorm, my Dragon Goby
DSCF5596.jpg

and a couple hermits just hangin out
DSCF5589.jpg

Excellent, thanks for sharing. My favorite shot is that feather duster... It's an artistic shot with the Xenia in the background.

Thanks, I thought it was pretty impressive for a point and shoot. I love my dslr but tough getting good shots with it through the glass. This P&S with the close focusing I was able to put the lens right on the glass insuring a steady hand, no reflections and guaranteed to be exactly parallel to the glass all contributing to decent images. Also with 8, 80 watt t5 bulbs I had plenty of light for low ISO shots which is important with the smaller sensor size :).

Back