Starting to cycle - live sand?

MrX

Non-member
Hey Peeps,

Now that I've started my cycle I'm wondering if anyone in the Charlton/Worcester area would be willing to donate a cup of live sand? I can replace it with clean/dry sand that has been rinsed but never in a tank.

I'd like to get maybe 2-3 different "samples" to get a variety of life into the tank.

Thanks in advance!

Sweetness. Between Jeremy and Mike (mnavick) I have two. How about another volunteer for an even 3?

wow that is a great idea, i did the same thing but with liverock, got about 5 different samples. Id give you some but my tank isnt very mature. If you dont find any takers pm me

wow that is a great idea, i did the same thing but with liverock, got about 5 different samples. Id give you some but my tank isnt very mature. If you dont find any takers pm me

Thanks dude. I'll keep you in mind. You're pretty close by as well. If/when I head to Marlborough maybe I can hit you up.

I'm right down the street in Leicester. You're welcome to a cup of my sand. My tank isn't that old but it's got plenty of life and critters. I have fine sand in my tank and coarse sand in my fuge, so whichever one you want...

You guys all rock! Much appreciated. I'll PM and try to schedule some time with you this weekend to stop by. Thanks again!

Bumping this to see if I can get another cup or two of sand from some established tanks. I'll be at the meeting on Sunday and would appreciate any donations. I can replace with some clean/dry aragonite if you like.

I got one cup from FinsUp (Nicole) last weekend and Jeremy is going to help me out at the meeting. One or two more should give me a nice kick-start and some diversity.

Thanks.

One final b-b-b-bump before the auction. I'll bring some of my clean/dry aragonite sand with me in case anyone has a cup of live sand to swap. Thanks peeps.

Back