stealth heaters and GFI outlets

stang8s

Cyber P
I used to run 2 stealth heaters in my sump a large and a small. After only about a month of use the large one started tripping the gfi which shuts off everything- real bad. So i replaced it with a finnex titanium heater.

I needed a heater for a waterchange i did today, to heat the makeup water in a bucket. I used the large one in a regular outlet, no problems.

Today after a water change when i went to turn the power back on, the small one that never gave any problems before, is now tripping the GFI. Cant plug it in or it trips. Cant reset while its plugged in.

Anyone else run into this?

I am having a prob with my lights tripping my gfi's lately. There is no short or electrical problems. I will be replacing the gfi with a new one. You might want to try the same thing and see if the problems go away. If they still trip the new Gfi then there is a problem with your heaters. If thats the case, Scrap them and get 2 heaters of the same wattage.

Well i called them and they are sending me 2 new heaters no questions asked. Very nice people. They said i can wait till i get them before sending the old ones back if i want.

Really, are they the visitherm stealths?

If so I think some of my old stealth heaters have started to malfunction. LOL

Back